By John Wilkins,Robin Nadeau
A better half to nutrients within the historic World offers a complete assessment of the cultural points in terms of the construction, training, and intake of food and drinks in antiquity.
• presents an up to date evaluate of the examine of nutrition within the old world
• Addresses all elements of meals construction, distribution, coaching, and intake in the course of antiquity
• good points unique scholarship from essentially the most influential North American and eu experts in Classical background, historical heritage, and archaeology
• Covers a large geographical diversity from Britain to historic Asia, together with Egypt and Mesopotamia, Asia Minor, areas surrounding the Black Sea, and China
• Considers the relationships of nutrients with regards to historical nutrition, nutrients, philosophy, gender, category, faith, and more
Read Online or Download A Companion to Food in the Ancient World (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Essentially the most vital novelists of the early nineteenth century, Jane Austen (1775-1817) remains to be learn and studied at the present time. all through her novels, she creates characters who embrace quite a few virtues and boundaries. the simplest characters symbolize the easiest habit, simply because the much less admirable ones behave in much less admirable methods.
The Oxford reviews in Postcolonial Literatures sequence deals stimulating and obtainable introductions to definitive issues and key genres and areas in the quickly diversifying box of postcolonial literary experiences in English. the 1st e-book of its type, Pacific Islands Writing deals a broad-ranging creation to the postcolonial literatures of the Pacific zone.
A Trauma Artist examines how O'Brien's works variously rewrite his personal traumatization throughout the struggle in Vietnam as a endless fiction that sarcastically "recovers" own event through either recapturing and (re)disguising it. Mark Heberle considers O'Brien's occupation as a author in the course of the prisms of post-traumatic tension affliction, postmodernist metafiction, and post-World battle II American political uncertainties and public violence.
The Literary thought Toolkit deals readers a wealthy compendium of key phrases, techniques, and arguments useful for the examine of literature in a critical-theoretical context. comprises different examples drawn from on hand literary texts spanning all sessions and genres contains a bankruptcy on functionality, whatever no longer often coated in comparable texts Covers differing theories of the general public sphere, ideology, strength, and the social kin useful for the knowledge of techniques to literature
- Writing Indian, Native Conversations
- The Cambridge History of the English Novel
- Understanding Pat Conroy (Understanding Contemporary American Literature)
- Contemporary African American Literature: The Living Canon (Blacks in the Diaspora)
Extra resources for A Companion to Food in the Ancient World (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)