By Martina Süßenguth
Read or Download “A Poet of the Eye” - The Role of Art in Paul Auster's Works PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
The most vital novelists of the early nineteenth century, Jane Austen (1775-1817) remains to be learn and studied this present day. all through her novels, she creates characters who include a number of virtues and boundaries. the easiest characters characterize the easiest habit, simply because the much less admirable ones behave in much less admirable methods.
The Oxford experiences in Postcolonial Literatures sequence bargains stimulating and obtainable introductions to definitive issues and key genres and areas in the speedily diversifying box of postcolonial literary experiences in English. the 1st booklet of its variety, Pacific Islands Writing deals a broad-ranging advent to the postcolonial literatures of the Pacific area.
A Trauma Artist examines how O'Brien's works variously rewrite his personal traumatization through the warfare in Vietnam as a unending fiction that ironically "recovers" own adventure by means of either recapturing and (re)disguising it. Mark Heberle considers O'Brien's occupation as a author throughout the prisms of post-traumatic pressure disease, postmodernist metafiction, and post-World battle II American political uncertainties and public violence.
The Literary thought Toolkit bargains readers a wealthy compendium of key words, thoughts, and arguments worthy for the research of literature in a critical-theoretical context. contains diverse examples drawn from on hand literary texts spanning all classes and genres includes a bankruptcy on functionality, whatever now not frequently coated in comparable texts Covers differing theories of the general public sphere, ideology, energy, and the social kinfolk worthwhile for the knowledge of ways to literature
- An Artless Art - The Zen Aesthetic of Shiga Naoya: A Critical Study with Selected Translations (Japan Library)
- Cartographies of Culture: New Geographies of Welsh Writing in English (Writing Wales in English)
- Mapping Region in Early American Writing
- The Cambridge Companion to Camus (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Polymorphous Domesticities: Pets, Bodies, and Desire in Four Modern Writers (FlashPoints)
- Introduction to Proust: His Life, His Circle and His Work (Routledge Revivals)
Additional info for “A Poet of the Eye” - The Role of Art in Paul Auster's Works